Through our partnership with St. Vincent Hospital, Zionsville West Middle School will have a team in the Oct. 6 Walk for Hope. 2011 was the inaugural year of the Walk for Hope and the event generated over $375,000 towards the patients of St. Vincent Cancer Care. Cancer patients benefit directly through programs and services such as the newly created Art Therapy Program, patient navigators, beautiful journals for recording their cancer journey, support groups, peer-to-peer network, and more. 100% of all money raised stays in our community and benefits the cause. This walk will begin at 9 a.m. at Lions Park in Zionsville, and our school district will have a team from each school involved in this event!
- All students, faculty and family members interested in participating in the walk will be able to register themselves online at www.stvincentwalkofhope.org. Follow these steps to Register– Click REGISTER – click I AGREE to sign the waiver – click on JOIN A TEAM - click on your teams school name from the drop down menu that appears – designate a username and password for your personal account – then you can begin to enter your personal information.
Our team name is Zionsville Middle School. You may have to search under my name (Kelly Antcliff), as I am the team captain for our team. The direct link is:
The normal rate is $30 per person, but our team’s discounted rate is just $25. Please enter the discount code of 4PMCH18 to receive this pricing! Additional information is as follows:
- Each walker needs to be entered individually. We offer a $100 flat fee on immediate families with 4 or more walkers who want to participate. It is recommended that those families use paper applications but we can provide a code if they prefer.
- Online registration deadline is October 1, 2012. Registrations will be accepted after this date but we cannot guarantee a t-shirt. We will also offer walk day registration but highly discourage you from relying on this.
- Paper registrations can be turned into the school team captain to be registered online. Paper applications should be turned in by September 26th.
- All Kids of Hope school teams will have the late fee waived for the 3 and 1 Mile Walk. Registrations will be accepted the morning of the walk, however, a school team registration sheet will need to be presented at the registration table. Shirts cannot be guaranteed for participants who register after the October 1st deadline.
- There are a couple of ways to turn in donations. Collected funds can be turned in at the donation table on the morning of the walk by either the individual walker or by the school team coordinator. Donation checks can be mailed to St Vincent Foundation at 8402 Harcourt Road Suite 210, Indianapolis, IN 46260.
- All walkers must have a signed waiver to participate.
Packet Pick Up
- School teams will have the ability to pick up their teams packets prior to the morning of the walk. We strongly recommend this. Packets will consist of event lanyards and t-shirts
- If there is any issue with the packets distributed as part of your school team program, the participant or coordinator should visit the Help Table in the registration tent on the morning of the walk.
- Anyone who did not get their registration in before the deadline will need to pick up their packets on the morning of the walk.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Kathy Pelletier at k[email protected] or call Kathy at 338-5092.